My very first riding jacket was a full-length Motoboy blue black combo specifically meant for touring. I’d used it for almost 5 years with minimum wear and tear. Despite of using it during many rides (some of them through treacherous weather), the jacket did full justice of saving me from all sorts of climatic conditions. I am not saying that it is 100% perfectly crafted gear, but it provides more than satisfactory results – it does what it is supposed to be doing.
In June 2015, I’d decided to go for a long ride covering Sikkim and Bhutan in a span of 20 days. I was expecting varied climatic condition throughout the route – from hot to humid, from chilling to foggy. Despite of the fact that I belong to a big motorcycle riding club and come across many such jackets and pants, I wanted to find out myself what would be the best out of the lot. I started comparing products from Zeus, Spartan, Cramster, Rynox, DSG, PGS, Royal Enfield, Rjays, Solace, Mototech etc. and finally zeroed out to two which were:
- Cramster K2K
- DSG Triton
The pick of the choice was DSG Triton and I was about to buy it. Before making that final decision, I stumbled upon the logo on my old jacket which read Moto-Boy. I thought of giving it a shot and track down the vendor who is based in China. Luckily, I found Motoboy products on Aliexpress and viola! I found the exact stuff which was matching my specification list.
Motoboy all weather – 4 seasons armored riding Jacket
- 600D Oxford and jacquard fabric with coating
- Detachable warm quilted inner jacket and waterproof inner jacket suitbale for 4 seasons
- Ventilation system at front sleeve and back
- Adjustable cuffs,shoulder and waist
- Connection zipper to pants for easy wearing and keep warming when riding
- Detachable high-visible vest and reflective material for better safety at night
- CE protector for shoulder elbows, EVA back protector
What I liked?
- Awesome fitting and finishing
- 600D Oxford material provide very good abrasion resistance.
- Ease of putting and removing warmer and rain gear layer. Better than the previous Motoboy jacket I had
- Better waterproof material than any other jacket sold in India. Easily beat DSG Triton, Rjays and Cramster
- Warmer is thin but very warm
- Looks are similar as Cramster K2K which was one of my choices. Complete touring outlook
- More than sufficient pockets outside. 4 pockets inside which gives easy access to cellphone, cigarettes, lighter, cash, cards etc.
- Comes with removable reflector
- 2 vents near front shoulder and 2 at back.
- Excellent stitching quality, zippers and Velcro
What I didn’t like or wish to have
- Absence of pack pocket for hydration pack. I had to buy a separate one and it was painful of wearing it again and again.
- Absence of Velcro tag for neck. There are two press buttons and for a person who has thick neck will have to find the button socket.
Motoboy all weather – 4 seasons armored riding pant
- 600D Oxford with PU coating for shell
- Detachable waterproof inner jacket and warm quilted inner jacket.
- Adjustable waist by Velcro
- Side zipper at leg opening for easy wearing and taking-off
- Connection zipper to jacket for easy wearing and keep warming when riding
- Reflective material for better safety at night.
- CE protector for Knee
What I liked?
- Excellent stitch quality has compared to Spartan and Zeus
- Very comfortable. Fits well and the inner liners can be removed very easily.
- The warmer and rain gear layers are excellent. Specially the rain protective layer is very good as far as water proofing is concerned
- Carefully designed bottoms to provide ample space to wear it over riding shoes.
- Again, Velcro material used is excellent
- 600D Oxford material advantage for sure.
- Has a zipper at the back which can be connected to any Motoboy jacket. Very good in cold & rains.
What I didn’t like or wish to have?
- The knee protector should have been a bit wider and longer. I had to keep adjusting it while riding to get it on my knee.
- There should be a Velcro tag strip on the knee to keep the armor intact and prevent it from moving.
- Only 2 pockets. I liked Spartan Aspida as it had extra 2 pockets (just like cargo pants)
- Both the jacket and pant are value for money
- The inner sockets (for jacket – at sleeves and for pants – at the bottom cuff) are carefully stitched. One is red and other is black. This helps you to put the right socket in the right place.
- 600D Oxford is a very good material and provide excellent abrasion resistance. When you fall and slide, this material will ensure your don’t get bruises.
- Water Proofing is way better than any other jacket / pant that you get in India.
Do I recommend it?
Will I buy more?